Re: Icon designer wanted (Aquamacs Emacs)

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Icon designer wanted (Aquamacs Emacs)
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 10:55:49 -0500

Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net> writes:

>>> IMHO that is a narrow and self-centered viewpoint.  Fortunately
>>> there are other viewpoints that include thinking more broadly about
>>> trying to increase freedom rather than burying one's head in the
>>> sand and capitulating.
>>
>> The words of a MacOSX user that applauds moves that disregard
>> anybody except MacOSX users.  I doubt it gets any narrower and
>> self-centered than that.
>
> Once again distorting what other people say in order to "prove" your
> point.  It's classic Usenet polemic, but invalid all the same.

You were the guy that diverted this thread off on a tangent by
complaining about David having a "bug in his britches" or whatever.
And when he made the perfectly reasonable point that it's better to
contribute to Emacs than a downstream repackaging project, you ignored
that and started talking about how his hostile attitude was hurting
free software, etc., etc., etc.

Please.