Re: Printing from WindowXP version of emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Printing from WindowXP version of emacs
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 22:44:52 +0200

> From: Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@web.de>
> Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 14:01:10 +0100
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> The problem is encoding of the PostScript fonts used to set the
> document. ps-print.el uses ISO 8859-1, independent from the buffer
> contents' encoding.

I don't think this is true.  First, there's ps-mule.el that can be set
up to use other 8-bit encodings instead of 8859-1, if your printer has
the appropriate fonts loaded.  And second, you can install BDF fonts
for other character sets and set up ps-mule and ps-print for printing
almost any character set imaginable.