Re: faster emacs startup, can I postpone package loading?

From: kgold
Subject: Re: faster emacs startup, can I postpone package loading?
Date: 6 Jan 2006 07:56:06 -0600

"mitchell_laks" <mlaks2000@yahoo.com> writes:

> Is there some simple way that I can make all this (exciting) loading
> take place in the few seconds after I get my prompt and am working on
> my files?

The recommended answer to this FAQ is to start emacs once when you log
in and then just keep it running as a server forever.  Edit new files
as a client.  It won't matter if emacs takes 2 or 10 seconds to load
when you do it twice a year.

See gnuserv/gnuclient or ???/emacsclient.

--
Ken Goldman   kgold@watson.ibm.com   914-784-7646