Re: fix-copyright.el - Automatically update copyright in source files

From: Benjamin Drieu
Subject: Re: fix-copyright.el - Automatically update copyright in source files
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:21:59 +0100

Reiner Steib <reinersteib+from-uce@imap.cc> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 16 2006, Benjamin Drieu wrote:
>
>> (defun update-copyright ()
>>   "Update copyright in current buffer."
>
> What's wrong with `copyright-update'?

Problem is that it will replace first occurence, regardless it is your
copyright entry or copyright entry for another developer.  As I'm
working on projects with multiple authors, I needed to use
user-full-name stuff to update my entries only.

Perhaps patching copyright.el would be more useful but when I wrote
this I had no time to do so.

Cheers,
Benjamin

--
  .''`.
 ; ;' ;      Debian GNU/Linux     |   Benjamin Drieu