wanted: color/face indentation mode

From: Eric Pement
Subject: wanted: color/face indentation mode
Date: 20 Jan 2006 10:33:08 -0800

I use GNU Emacs 21.3.50 on WinXP and I'm looking for a lightweight
minor mode (or function) which will change the color and face
(Italic/Roman) of the body text, based on the indentation of each line.
I've tried looking on the web, and Jari Aalto's TinyTF (technical
format) minor mode is something like what I'm looking for ...
foreground color and italics alter depending on the indentation of the
current line/paragraph. Screen shot here:

   http://tiny-tools.sourceforge.net/pic/emacs-tinytf.jpg

However, the tinytf minor mode is way more complicated than what I
want. The only functionality I'm interested in is seeing different
colors and faces based on the indentation of the line, and nothing
else. I'm hoping to have 6 or more user-controllable settings based on
the number of leading spaces.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

--
Eric Pement