Re: code folding

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: code folding
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 21:10:58 +0000

Michael Powe wrote:

It does hide the functions but not the C-style comments.  The language
is Javascript.  When the point is inside a comment block, nothing
happens when 'hide block' is invoked.  I didn't try it on C++ style
comments, which I only ever use for 1 or 2 line comments, anyway.

You could be right, though, and maybe it is just set up for that style
of comment.

Thanks.

mp

Micheal,

I did a quick test, and it worked for me.
However, the cursor must be inside the comment, or hs-hide-block will fold
the code level containing the comment.

hs-hide-level folds control blocks, but not comments within the current indent
level.

However, this might be an XEmacs/GNU Emacs difference. I'll try it on GNU Emacs
when I get access to a machine with it installed.

Code used was

/*
 * test
 */

// 1
// 2

foo(i)
{
    var i;
    var k;

    if (1)
    {

        /*
           Test

        */
    }

    /*
      test
    */

}

HTH,
Colin S. Miller

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the
hostname to reply.