Re: Weird emacs behavior

From: Gordon Beaton
Subject: Re: Weird emacs behavior
Date: 2 Feb 2006 10:43:48 +0100

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 11:57:09 -0800, Leo Chang wrote:
> Weirdly enough, this behavior went away when I tried it this morning
> (after a couple of days). Emacs is working again. I can't explain it
> at all.

OpenSSH 3.8 changed the way X forwarding works, with the result that
many programs break in confusing or subtle ways.

If that's what you're using, you can get the old behaviour back by
doing "ssh -Y hostname", or setting "ForwardX11Trusted yes" (in
addition to "ForwardX11 yes") in your ~/.ssh/config.

/gordon

--
[  do not email me copies of your followups  ]
g o r d o n + n e w s @  b a l d e r 1 3 . s e