Re: indentation, setting variables, commands, and M-x

From: Cameron Desautels
Subject: Re: indentation, setting variables, commands, and M-x
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 10:49:24 -0600

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 08:54:28AM +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> A bit of background: your .emacs, your configuration file, is "just" a
> file, and you can edit it like any other file.  The best way to create it
> is with C-x C-f <ret> ~/.emacs <ret>.

I believe you meant to say "C-x C-f ~/.emacs RET".  You got an extra
return in there (which puts you into dired mode and then you flag all
backup files...).
--
Cameron Desautels <cam@apt2324.com>

<@buo> A byte walks into a bar and orders a pint. Bartender asks him
"what's wrong?" Byte says "parity error."
Bartender nods and says "yeah, I thought you looked a bit off."
      --http://www.bash.org/?450301