Re: Use dvipdfm instead of pdflatex?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Use dvipdfm instead of pdflatex?
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 18:02:32 -0500

> well not on my Ubuntu system. I include the picture like this:

> \begin{center}
> \includegraphics[width=10cm]{dia}
> \end{center}

> where dia is dia.pdf and dia.eps in the same dir as my .tex file. When I
> choose to genereate a PDF file from emacs:
> Command -> Texing Options -> PDF mode

> the image is gone in the PDF file that is generated.

Was there some kind of error message in pdflatex's output.
The above problem happens typically when you do things like

    \usepackage[dvips]{graphics}

rather than

    \usepackage{graphics}

but in case graphics uesses wrong, try

    \usepackage[pdftex]{graphics}

or some such.  See comp.text.tex for more reliable advice.

        Stefan