running xemacs remotely

From: Wenbin Meng
Subject: running xemacs remotely
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 20:46:51 +0200

Hi,

I am pretty new to linux so some of these questions are kind noobish.

I am trying to run xemacs from my home computer running mandriva LE 2005.
First I tried telnet into sun4 and run xemacs, it gave this error:
_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 146
when I run echo $DISPLAY it gave this:
localhost:0.0

Then I tried ssh and ran xemacs, that actually worked, but xemacs ran with a
sluggish performance, most operations took a second or 2 to respond.

so how do I run xemacs remotely with just telnet? will that improve its
performance? or any other suggestions on how to accomplish my task?

thanks

Wenbin