Re: Need help on init error

From: Leo Liou
Subject: Re: Need help on init error
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:09:58 -0800

Thanks for your help. Your conviction make me look again. And sure enough, the name is wrong.
It should have been xcscope.el, not xscope.el.
Simple error, but when you miss it, you missed it.
Again, thanks for your help.
:-)
Leo Liou wrote:
 > Thanks for the message, but I have put xscope.el in the site-lisp, so I
 > figure I do not have to update load-path.

That is true, assuming you put it in the right site-lisp directory and
nothing has removed that directory from your load-path.  Does `M-x
locate-library RET xscope RET' confirm that it is found in your
load-path?  If not, what does `C-h v load-path' tell you?

 > Since all my other local .el loaded fine, I have to presume the issue is
 > with xscope.el particularly.
 > I assumed there is some unprintable character got in the way, but I
 > could not find any (I used od to check).
 > That is why I am at a loss at why I cannot load xscope.el.
 > I would appreciate if you can think of anything else that I should check.

No, the error is not that the contents of xscope.el cannot be loaded,
it's that xscope.el itself cannot be opened.  What are its ownership and
permissions?

Leo Liou
Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the notion that life is serious ...