Re: cut&past

From: François Gannaz
Subject: Re: cut&past
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:18:51 +0100

Le mar 14 fév 07:47, christop a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> That is not the first time I have the following problem:
> See this exemple:
> Your are surfing with Mozilla, KDE, Linux.
> You copy text with the mouse.
> Then you select the emacs window and past with the middle button of the
> mouse..
> and, and, and... Nothing. Well almost nothing but however not what you
> wanted to do.

Please be more precise : Your Emacs version ? Does pasting from Emacs to
Firefox works ? And with other applications, e.g. konsole ? And what
kind of text (encoding) ? What do you obtain ?

I had difficulties pasting japanese text in Emacs, I tried many things
until I installed emacs-snapshot where it worked out of the box.
But if you're pasting "normal" text, you don't need Emacs CVS for it.

> PS: It has no link with this forum, but could someone tell me how
> to use "linux.debian.user". I write this post using
> "mozilla>google>group".
> It doesn't work for this group.
> And of course I, hence, can't ask them.

You need a newsgroup reader like slrn, thunderbird or Gnus!

> I actually need help for my debian.. Even not the place, i'll be
> grateful someone whould help me.

If you ask at the right place, you should find some help. Have a look at
http://qref.sourceforge.net/Debian/reference/ch-support.fr.html

--
François