Re: using vc-svn

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: using vc-svn
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:40:40 -0500

> C-x v v works properly for updating, commiting etc. I'm having trouble,
> though, with branching.  The manual says to do C-u C-x v v to create a
> branch, which starts out fine.

I believe this feature only works for RCS (and maybe SCCS).
Please report this (documentation) bug with M-x report-emacs-bug.

> Also, it doesn't seem like it can handle merges when there is a conflict.
> I just get an error message about emacs not being able to understand the
> update result.  So, are these known deficiencies in vc-svn or am I just
> doing things wrong?

It's a bug.  Please report it with M-x report-emacs-bug.  Make sure you
include a precise copy of the error message (and of the contents of the *vc*
buffer if possible).

        Stefan