Re: find face in use at point

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: find face in use at point
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:18:59 -0600

Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

> Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote on Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:26:15 -0600:
>> I used to know how to do this:
>
>> Find the name of the face in use at point.
>
>> Especially in gnus message headers, then with that information one
>> could go to customize-apropos, plug in the name and go diretly to that
>> customization buffer.
>
>> Anyone know what command I'm thinking of?  My search strings in M-x
>> apropos have not born fruit.
>
> Hi, Harry!
>
> I don't think there is any such function, as such.  There is a command
> which returns all properties at point.  I bind it to C-c p thusly:

Yeah there is.  Drew just posted it.
  Command `describe-text-properties'
That gives the face name so you can plug it into customize-face and go
  right to it.

>   (global-set-key [?\C-c ?p] 'list-text-properties-at)

I don't have this ... I'm running fairly recent cvs emacs.
GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 [...]

M-x list-<spc>  none of the completions show the word text at all
M-x list-text-properties-at <RET> [no match]