Re: Emacs for Windows?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs for Windows?
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 22:03:52 +0200

> Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 03:08:15 -0800 (PST)
> From: Ramprasad B <ramprasad_i82@yahoo.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> Sure, i will help for Emacs and GNU growth with my capabilities.
> I am a novice person in these tasks, as similarly how i was
> in maintaining the Emacs w32 FAQ :).
> Please get me the details of the tasks.

The first step would be to set up a development environment where you
can build Emacs, then download the CVS version and build it.  After
that, look in the file admin/FOR-RELEASE for the urgent tasks, and in
etc/TODO for more long-term ones.  Searching for "TODO" and "FIXME" in
src/w32*.c will show some Windows-specific jobs that await volunteers.
Finally, subscribe to emacs-devel@gnu.org where you will read about
issues that need to be taken care of, on a day-to-day basis.

TIA