Re: cvs 22.0.50 + auctex

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: cvs 22.0.50 + auctex
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 22:12:59 +0200

> From: "B. T. Raven" <ecinmn@peoplepc.com>
> Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 05:48:06 GMT
>
> I have downloaded and installed this version on MS w98 and I find that
> many problems with 21.3 have been addressed (copy paste of non 8859-1
> characters now works, ucs-insert works, etc.). So far I have only 3
> questions:

This is not a good place to report problems and ask questions about
the CVS code.  Please write to emacs-devel@gnu.org instead.

> *** C-h v and C-h f commands now include a hyperlink to the C source for
> variables and functions defined in C (if the C source is available)."
>
> I have setq'd and evaluated 'source-directory to the place where I put the
> c sources but when I click on a file, I get the message that the sources
> are not available. ???

What happens if, instead of setting source-directory, you wait until
Emacs prompts for it when you first time click on the link, and then
select the right directory?  Does it work then?

And btw, what exactly do you mean by ``the place where I put the C
sources''?  Does the variable points to the `src' directory or to its
parent?

> 2) I can't raise the w32 file input dialog box even though
>         use-dialog-box
>         use-file-dialog
> are both set to t (on).

This works only if you click File->Open File from the menu bar.  If
you type "C-x C-f", Emacs doesn't pop up a file selection dialog
because people who type at the keyboard don't like to have to reach
for the mouse.

> Font dialog box comes up but won't change the font

This does work for me, so please report the details (to the address
suggested above).

> 3) Why can't calendar force use of a fixed font just for that buffer so
> that the alignment is maintained in the 3 month calendar display?

Because it wasn't coded.

Note that if you change your default font to a proportional one, you
will have aesthetic problems in quite a few other places, so this is
currently not recommended.

> iiii) I just found that at times, after a C-h f or C-h v, that the
> completion buffer won't accept a mouse-1 or mouse-2 click over a mouse
> sensitive item, but only dings, reports read-only, and dissappears.
> Quitting emacs and then restarting restored normal behavior.

Never had that, but then I am on Windows XP, not on 98.