RE: Short to long form expansion?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Short to long form expansion?
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:04:15 -0800

    > Is there a mode that allows completion of words by taking a
    > short form, and comparing it with text in the buffer to
    > deduce a longer form?  e.g. in a buffer with complete_text
    > some-variable-name c_t M-RET -> complete_text
    > s-v-n M-RET -> some-variable-name Anything like that?
    > I use pabbrev-mode which helps alot with code editing,
    > but this little extra would be icing on the cake.

    I use dabbrev for that, with the following patch...

You might also be interested in `icicles.el', which enhances `dabbrev.el' by
providing `dabbrev-completion' (bound to `M-C-/') with cycling of completion
candidates (in addition to completion). It also lets you complete using a
regexp and provides some other features.
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/icicles.el