Re: objective-c and emacs from cvs freezes

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: objective-c and emacs from cvs freezes
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 23:02:18 +0000

Frank Fredstone <none@not.no> wrote on Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:07:06 -0800:
> Hi,

> I know I'm not supposed to expect anything to work in CVS, but I
> thought I'd mention that I found that I can cause emacs from yesterday
> to freeze if I start with -q then create a file /tmp/test.m, which
> enters objc-mode, then type:

> @implementation

> emacs freezes before the 'n' is displayed and I have to kill it. I'm
> not reporting a bug, in case someone will say oh you just have to do
> the flim flam to the flitzle schoop about it.

It is a bug.  A nasty, horrible bug, with slimy dangly legs hanging off
it.  It's been reported by three people, now (including your good self),
and has been fixed in CC Mode 5.31.3.

CC Mode 5.31.3 was merged into the Emacs CVS this afternoon.  Do a quick
cvs update cc-*.el in .../emacs/lisp/progmodes, recompile the 14
cc-files.el, and your uncle should be called Robert.

Apologies for the bug.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
Email: aacm@muuc.dee; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter