Re: setting email and name for Changelogs in vc mode

From: Angelina Carlton
Subject: Re: setting email and name for Changelogs in vc mode
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 04:09:48 -0500

> Please verify that the settings in your .emacs are processed
> successfully with `<f1> v user-full-name RET' and `<f1> v
> user-mail-address RET'.

"Angelina Carlton"
"brat@magma.ca"

So both of these are correct.

> BTW, there's also...
>
> ,----
> | add-log-full-name
> |   Variable: *Full name of user, for inclusion in ChangeLog daily headers.
> | add-log-mailing-address
> |   Variable: *Email addresses of user, for inclusion in ChangeLog headers.
> `----

These two variables according to the documentation, default to the value
returned by the functions `user-full-name' and `user-mail-address'

However I set them just to make sure, but still am getting
2006-03-01  author  <author@morcheeba>

I will keep digging.

--
-----Angelina Carlton-----