Re: setting email and name for Changelogs in vc mode

From: Angelina Carlton
Subject: Re: setting email and name for Changelogs in vc mode
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 04:51:16 -0500

Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@glug.org> writes:

>   (setq add-log-full-name "J.R.Hacker")
>   (defun user-full-name () "J.R.Hacker")
>   (defun user-login-name () "J.R.Hacker")
>   (defun user-id () 42) ;; assuming J.R.Hacker has uid 42
>
> likewise w/ the other temporary variables.  the thing to
> remember is that `or' stops when it finds a form that
> evaluates to non-nil.  so if you defun both `user-full-name'
> and `user-login-name', the former takes precedence.  (so what
> happens if `user-full-name' returns nil? <-- bonus question)

I think in your example if user-full-name returned nil the function
would use the value of user-login-name, and if it thought that was nil I
suppose it would use some coded default like "author" which is what I am
seeing currently.

> anyway, these are my thoughts browsing the source.

Thanks, I actually understand that snippet of source now :-)

Sadly though using your method still gives me
2006-03-01  author  <author@morcheeba>

(defun user-full-name() "Angelina Carlton")
(defun user-mail-address() "brat@magma.ca")
(setq add-log-full-name "Angelina Carlton")
(setq add-log-mailing-address "brat@maga.ca")

either pair of these should work according to the code.
I have checked my custom file to make sure nothing is being reset after
my .emacs is loaded and it looks OK to me.

--
-----Angelina Carlton-----
orchid on irc.freenode.net