How to make the buffer to be display in one windows

From: bbook1
Subject: How to make the buffer to be display in one windows
Date: 1 Mar 2006 19:39:55 -0800

Hi,
When I use the M-x gid which use the lid -R grep ... to open a new
buffer for displaying the search result. The problem is if I use M-X
gid more times, The emacs will open buffers more than one, I only want
to get the updated searched result, and can close the last opend buffer
automatically, So I only have one buffer to be used for m-x gid
command, that is its behavor should be like M-X shell. I try to setting
same-window-regexps like "\\*lid -R grep.*", but it seems is not
available.

Thanks advanced,

Bill