Re: Local variable TeX-master causing warning/complaint

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: Local variable TeX-master causing warning/complaint
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 09:42:38 +0100

* Robert Sloan (2006-03-01) writes:

> Recent CVS nightlies are causing me to get a warning/complaint every
> time I open a LaTeX .tex file that sets the TeX-master local variable.
[...]
> The message begins:
>> The local variables list in algorithms.tex [which is the name of
>> the file]
>> contains values that may not be safe (*).
>>
>> Do you want to apply it?  etc. etc.
>>
>> mode : latex
>> * TeX-master : wrapper
>

> Does anybody know what I can do to stop getting this warning.

If you decide that `TeX-master' is a variable the value of which is
safe to be applied through automatic processing of a local variables
section, follow the instructions in the message you get, especially
the one about permanently marking the variable as safe.  If it is not
clear what to do, send a bug report to emacs-pretest-bug in order for
the message to be improved.

Alternatively you can install a development version of AUCTeX which
marks the variable as safe on its own.  Snapshots can be downloaded
from
<URL:http://theotp1.physik.uni-ulm.de/~ste/comp/emacs/auctex/snapshots/>.

> To me
> it feels like a bug rather than a feature, so I'd like to turn it off
> (and/or have gnu emacs and/or auctex updated to turn it off).

It is a safety feature, so the functionality in general should rather
not be turned off.

--
Ralf