Re: elisp help needed

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: elisp help needed
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 21:50:48 +0900

> I have the following lines in my .emacs file:

> (remove-hook 'w3m-after-cursor-move-hook
>      #'w3m-print-this-url)

> and for some reason, to get it to eval I have to do it by hand every
> time I restart emacs.  I *think* this might be the only code that is not
> being evaled, but I do not know any way to be certain.

I guess it is eval'd before loading w3m.elc.  If so, nothing
will happen.  The best way is to put such things into the
~/.emacs-w3m.el file.  Please consult the emacs-w3m Info manual.
Here's an extract:

2.6 Minimal settings to run emacs-w3m
[...]
`Startup File'
     We recommend using the `~/.emacs-w3m' file (which is the default
     value of `w3m-init-file') if you need to twiddle some emacs-w3m
     variables.  This file is similar to `~/.emacs', but is read when
     emacs-w3m starts.  Note that some options shouldn't be modified
     there, for example, `w3m-command'.