How to makes the searched results to be displayed just only in one windo

From: bbook1
Subject: How to makes the searched results to be displayed just only in one windows
Date: 6 Mar 2006 01:09:13 -0800

Hi,
I need to use M-x gid to get the searched results from lid -R grep(
similiar with grep command), the problem is I have got more buffers for
different run command. I hope to make these buffers can be displayed in
only one windows, that is emacs will automaticlly close the last opend
buffer, and then open new result buffer.