Re: UTF-8 clipboard problem

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: UTF-8 clipboard problem
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 15:17:22 +0100

Am 06.03.2006 um 13:39 schrieb Tonguc Yumruk:

With these settings, I cannot copy/paste utf-8 text between Emacs and
other applications. For example when I copy some text from Firefox and
paste it in Emacs, it looks like that:

Original word: tıklama Copied&pasted: t^[$(C)%^[(Bklama

Does this help?

** In Emacs running on the X window system, the default value of
`selection-coding-system' is now `compound-text-with-extensions'.

If you want the old behavior, set selection-coding-system to
compound-text, which may be significantly more efficient.  Using
compound-text-with-extensions seems to be necessary only for decoding
text from applications under XFree86 4.2, whose behavior is actually
contrary to the compound text specification.

--
Greetings

  Pete

"They're putting dimes in the hole in my head to see the change in me."