Re: Derived Mode 101 HOWTO

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: Derived Mode 101 HOWTO
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 16:58:36 -0000

On 2006-03-08, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> However syntax highlighting for 'newlisp-font-lock-keywords fails.
>
> In what way, exactly.
> If you look at one of the keywords you're trying to highlight (like
> "array"), what does it look like?  What does M-x list-text-properties-at say
> about the `face' property on those keywords?

 It is not colorized.

 list-text-properties-at returns:
 "Text property at 2235:  fontified  t"

 Would expect something like:
 "Text properties at 2235:

 face                 font-lock-keyword-face
 fontified            t
 "

>>   (set (make-local-variable 'font-lock-defaults)
>>        (cons newlisp-font-lock-keywords
>               ^^
>                '
> This missing quote is probably what bothers XEmacs.

 I believe that you are correct, placing the quote
 "cured" that problem.
 Now I have another error message from Xemacs:
 """
 Range must be t or a character: "+-*/.<>=!?$%_&~^:"
 """
 Xemacs appears to not like the last line of the
 'define-derived-mode

 Thank you.

--
Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>