Re: recent files question

From: Peter Tury
Subject: Re: recent files question
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 22:20:11 GMT

On 8 Mar 2006 13:46:20 -0800, markscottwright@gmail.com wrote:

> I'm a emacs newbie, and I'm having some trouble with the recent files
> extention.  I've got the following in my init.el (I'm using xemacs).
>
> (require 'recent-files)
> (recent-files-initialize)
>
> I can see the recent files list while I am in emacs, and it contains
> the list of files that I am working with.  But if I leave and re-enter
> emacs, the list is empty.
>
> The recent-files-save-file entry is c:\Documents and
> Settings\wrightm\My Documents\.recent-files.el.  It doesn't exist.
>
> Thanks.

I don't know XEmacs, but you can try these:
+ check the content of the *messages* buffer: does it show any related
error?
+ check the many variables determining recent-files's functionality: C-h v
recent RET
+ check this init function: C-h f recent-files-initialize RET (I have no
such function in gnu emacs 22, but I would vote that this should be removed
from your init.el)

Br,