Re: [h-e-w] Emacs Resource (GDI) Leak on Windows

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs Resource (GDI) Leak on Windows
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 22:57:59 +0000

Andrew Maguire <andrew.maguire@ps.ge.com> writes:

> This GDI leakage is still an issue - Emacs 21.2/3
>
> It appears to be directly related to the display of any modified
> fonts, italic, bold etc.

Thank you for the complete test case. The problem does not seem to
appear in current CVS Emacs. The number of GDI objects does increase
when new fonts are loaded etc, but the increase is bounded, and does
not increase any further by scrolling backwards and forwards. I
haven't yet managed to get my count of GDI objects past 188, and that
is after changing the default font and rerunning list-faces-display a
few times.