RE: multiple Emacs versions on w32

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: RE: multiple Emacs versions on w32
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:44:15 -0000

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:38:12 -0000
>> From: "Phillip Lord" <Phillip.Lord@newcastle.ac.uk>
>>
>> Of course, emacs shouldn't be core dumping, and solving this problem
>> seems the best course to me.
>
> Yes, of course.  But to fix a bug, we need to hear the details and
> preferably to reproduce it on some of the developers' machine(s).
> Which unfortunately didn't happen in this case yet.

Eli

My apologies if this appeared to be a criticism of the developers.
What I meant was that if the OP's only reason for wishing to maintain
two Emacs' up is because of one version crashing, then their best course
of action would be to spend effort working out why it was crashing
rather than how to run two at once.

It's clearly true that the developers can't fix something that they
don't know about or can't reproduce.

>> I agree. The disabled commands option writes to .emacs.
>>
>> If I may be so bold, I think that this is a problem with emacs.
>
> Feel free to ask for such a feature on the developers' list.  Here, I
> just tried to save a naive user some possible grief.

Again, you are right. I didn't mean to complicate things which should
be left simple.

Cheers

Phil;