Re: double/single quotes strange behavior

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: double/single quotes strange behavior
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 08:56:31 -0700

billy wrote:
Some how I manage to get emacs/terminal into a mode where if I type a "
or a ' it doesn't display or move the cursor until I hit another
character.  I'm using PC  and PuTTY as my interface to a HPUX server.
If I exit hpux then reenter the problem goes away. the doulbe and
single quote act the same in this box.

If this is a feature of the PC and/or hpux, why des it come and go.

If it's an Emacs issue, it could be that the quote characters have been
defined as prefix keys.  The next time the problem occurs, try the
`C-h m' and `C-h b' commands, and post the results.

--
Kevin Rodgers