Re: help-gnu-emacs Digest, Vol 40, Issue 39

From: BRUCE INGALLS
Subject: Re: help-gnu-emacs Digest, Vol 40, Issue 39
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 14:11:39 -0500

> From: "Anton V. Belyaev"
> How should I install TRAMP on Windows?
> README says to run some configuration scripts, but they, as far as I
> understood, use bash and make utilities. Should I use Cygwin or MINGW?
There's a tramp variable that will help, to be assigned, to your scp
or ssh program & path, or protocol.
I wrote EMacro, to pick this up from your PATH; perhaps TRAMP does
this now, too.
Since you are using w32, and not Cygwin, I recommend that you use
PuTTY's plink.exe, which you can find through http://www.openssh.org/
I also have a FAQ for this on the EMacro site: http://emacro.sf.net/
Hope this helps, Bruce