Re: Fatal error 11

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Fatal error 11
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 22:12:19 +0200

> Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 12:49:24 +0200
> From: Bruce <epost2@gmail.com>
>
> I recently installed this version of emacs:
> Gnu Emacs 22.0.50.1 (i686 pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.8.6)

Problems with CVS versions should be reported on emacs-devel, not
here.

When you do report the crashes, please also say when was this version
built ("M-x enacs-version RET" reports that), because if it's an old
CVS snapshot, this problem could have been solved in the meantime.

> and it is great, except it keeps crashing all the time. I get this
> error message in the terminal after a crash
>
> Fatal error (11)Segmentation fault

Please run a debugger on the core file and tell (on emacs-devel) where
it crashed.

> Does anyone have similar experience?

The CVS version is generally quite stable, especially on GNU/Linux
systems.