Re: emacs 23.x.x didn't install movemail by default?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emacs 23.x.x didn't install movemail by default?
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:08:45 +0200

Am 28.03.2006 um 11:32 schrieb wensa:

emacs 23 ??

Is that true?

Yes, it exists! It's meant to use Unicode, but it's buggy. For example it does not seem to use fontsets, but using a single font is not perfect because they all have gaps somewhere. It too is missing some means to display correctly decomposed UTF-8 characters (shell, dired). (And since recently I am sure there is a real bug in tar-mode.)

You can get it from here:

cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs co -d emacs- unicode -r emacs-unicode-2 -P emacs

Later a 'cvs up' is enough. (Periodically for weeks no updates from GNU Emacs 22 code or own code are added, so cvs up will not bring any new.)

--
Greetings

  Pete

``How do we persuade new users that spreading fonts across the page
like peanut butter across hot toast is not necessarily the route to
typographic excellence?'' -- Peter Flynn