Re: hide-region package and cperl

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: hide-region package and cperl
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 00:18:19 -0500

> when applying M-x hide-region-hide on a text in cperl-mode, I can see
> @[]@ tags arround the region, but the text remains visible.
> emacs-version is 21.3.1
> The function is ok with 22.0.50.1.

> Does anyone know the cause?

Yes: it uses the t value for its `invisible' property, but doesn't add it to
the buffer's invisibility spec.  As long as the invisibility spec is not
changed by any other major or minor mode, it works, but in general
it's incorrect.

Also I'd advise the package author not to use the `intangible' property,
since it tends to break other packages when they bump into it.

        Stefan