problem visiting .emacs

From: Gary Weselle
Subject: problem visiting .emacs
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 12:39:06 -0700

Hi

I am using emacs under windos 2000, my HOME variable value is set to where
my .emacs file is. C:\path-to-dir
when I C-x C-f to visit it, the mini-buffer says Find file:
C:\emacs-21.3\bin/ then I type in my path-to-file for .emacs, it then shows
Searching for programe: no such file or directeory, aspell
however I have the below line commneted out in my .emacs file
;(setq ispell-program-name "aspell")
how can I fix these problems,
1) Find file: C:\emacs-21.3\bin/, I want to see my HOME directory instead.
2) not able to visit .c:\path-to-file\.emacs.

thanks