Re: problem visiting .emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: problem visiting .emacs
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 06:38:32 +0300

> From: "Gary Weselle" <weselle_g@hotmain.com>
> Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 12:39:06 -0700
>
> 1) Find file: C:\emacs-21.3\bin/, I want to see my HOME directory instead.

If you are invoking Emacs from a desktop shortcut, set the starting
directory via the Property sheets of that shortcut.

> 2) not able to visit .c:\path-to-file\.emacs.

Type "C-x C-f ~/.emacs RET".  This should work.  The error message
about aspell means that somehow you start the speller for Lisp files,
which is the reason for your apparent inability to visit .emacs.
You need to solve that problem first.