Re: How can I bind these two keys?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: How can I bind these two keys?
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 21:07:36 +0900

Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:
> Firstly, you need the name of the "key map" belonging to the mode.
> There's no totally systematic way of finding this, but for Text Mode it
> is `text-mode-map', for Texinfo Mode it is `texinfo-mode-map', for Emacs
> Lisp Mode it is `emacs-lisp-mode-map'.  Use C-h v, typing in your guesses
> for the name till you find it.

For matlab, you probably want to be using "octave-mode" (Octave is the
free software equivalent of matlab).  Emacs defaults to objc-mode for .m
files, so you'll probably have to select the mode manually (until you've
overridden the default in auto-mode-alist).

The keymap variable for octave-mode is as expected, `octave-mode-map'.

-Miles
--
Occam's razor split hairs so well, I bought the whole argument!