chinese calendar entries for diary

From: ken
Subject: chinese calendar entries for diary
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:28:54 -0400

I'm looking for a way to have my diary include "tsoh" days, i.e., the
10th and 25th days of each month of the Chinese calendar.  Google turned
up nothing.  (Buddhists would appreciate that. :)

Looking at cal-chin.el, there's some defuns there which might lead to a
solution... eventually.  But they all trace back to something which the
docs call an "absolute date".  Info has no mention of this that I could
find.  Is there a elisp function for fetching this integer for the
current day?  (There must be!)  I tried using

(calendar-absolute-from-gregorian (list 4 22 2006))

and this works fine, but what do I replace (list 4 22 2006) with so that
it plugs in the current gregorian date (in the correct form)?

Thanks,
ken

--
"This world ain't big enough for the both of us,"
said the big noema to the little noema.