Re: mockmod.el --- The mockery of a module system for Emacs Lisp

From: Guillaume Marceau
Subject: Re: mockmod.el --- The mockery of a module system for Emacs Lisp
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 21:48:51 -0400

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:11:42 +0200
Oliver Scholz <alkibiades@gmx.de> wrote:

> This package is declared to be experimental and I mean it. I post it
> here for review and to get comments on the approach used in it, before
> I start to test it by rewriting my own packages to use it.

The PLT Scheme module system is very powerful. You might want to read
its doc to see if there is any feature you would like to borrow, such
as "provide all-from", "require rename", "require prefix" and "require
only"

http://download.plt-scheme.org/doc/mzscheme/mzscheme-Z-H-5.html#node_chap_5

There are also interesting interaction between the PLT module system and
the macro system, because the supports for accurate separate
compilation. It might be more than you want to get into, but still, it
is an important thing to keep in mind. Here is the paper:

http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/publications/macromod.pdf