Re: Run an external program on the file visited in current buffer and op

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Run an external program on the file visited in current buffer and open a new buffer with results
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:01:32 +0200

Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

> Would you PLEASE, PLEASE turn this imbecilic MIME stuff off!  Your
> posting is 346 lines long, but its content is a mere 51 lines.  It has a
> signal to noise ratio of around 5% (if you're lucky).  Do you realise
> what an idiot this makes you look?
>
> Your posting is chock full of spam.  The following content-free fragment
> appears around 30 times:

> Do you really think this interests anybody, even if it only appeared
> once?  How about taking responsibility for the tools you use and setting
> them up properly?  (Hint: Microsoft programs are suboptimal for composing
> articles for mailing lists.)

Sheesh ke-bab! Give this guy a break!

(Disclaimer: I use Gnus so I did not even see the "crap" you refer
to.)

I saw this as a very well written post from soneone who had clearly
tried to solve his problem himself before posting, that seems to have
taken the time to understand some concepts of Emacs etc. And he gets
*this* as a response, and to the whole group/list?!

Do we want to attract more users to this wonderful program or do we
want to alienate them?

Sheesh. Kebab...

/Mathias - trying to tame the Emacs beast since 1997, sometimes doing
           things right, sometimes not...