Re: How to dissociate constants from text

From: Riadh Elloumi
Subject: Re: How to dissociate constants from text
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:38:29 +0200

Sorry for the confusion between emacs and gcc forums. Sure this is not the right place for my post.

Riadh Elloumi wrote:
Hi all,

We are using GCC 3.3.3 cross compilation to ARM9e target. In our ARM9 chip, we have TCM (tightly coupled memory) which is divided in 32K instrcutions (I-TCM) and 32K data (D-TCM). As this memory has a Harvard architecture, we get 1 wait state when loading a data from the instruction part (I-TCM), and zero wait state when fetching it from D-TCM. But arm-elf-gcc involves some constants in the end of functions and this makes the code slower when executed in I-TCM than in cache...

Is there any option in gcc, or a patch to make him separate these constants from the functions, and map them in, let's say, a .constants section that we can load in D-TCM.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Riadh.

--
Riadh Elloumi