Troubles with footnote-mode

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Troubles with footnote-mode
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:18:32 +0200

Hi,

I often use footnote-mode when writing postings. The only configurations
I made are these:

,----[ from ~/.emacs ]
| (add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'footnote-mode)
| (setq footnote-spaced-footnotes nil)
`----

The problem with that is, that all footnotes after the first one appear
below the signature.

So here's a test (see footnotes below): [1], this one is ok. [2], below
sig. [3], below sig. After the second footnote, jumping back to the text
(C-c ! b, `Footnote-back-to-message') doesn't work, too.

If `footnote-spaced-footnotes' is t, all footnotes are correctly
set. Without signature, everything works as intended, too.

The footnote section marker and the signature separator regexp have
their default values and should be allright.

,----[ C-h v footnote-section-tag RET ]

`----

,----[ C-h v footnote-signature-separator RET ]
| footnote-signature-separator is a variable defined in `footnote.el'.
| Its value is "^-- *$"
|
| Documentation:
| *String used to recognize .signatures.
`----

Any help?

Bye,
Tassilo

Footnotes:
[1]  foo
--
A morning without coffee is like something without something else.
[2]  bar