Re: Run an external program on the file visited in current buffer and op

From: Hadron Quark
Subject: Re: Run an external program on the file visited in current buffer and open a new buffer with results
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:17:46 +0200

 "Alan"posted on 2006-04-18:

> Suttles, Andrew <andrew.suttles@analexcleveland.com> wrote on Tue, 18 Apr
> 2006 10:12:13 -0400:
>> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
>
> Would you PLEASE, PLEASE turn this imbecilic MIME stuff off!  Your
> posting is 346 lines long, but its content is a mere 51 lines.  It has a
> signal to noise ratio of around 5% (if you're lucky).  Do you realise
> what an idiot this makes you look?
>
> Your posting is chock full of spam.  The following content-free fragment
> appears around 30 times:

>> style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
>> font-family:Arial'>(defun acs-run-program-current-buffer =
>
> Do you really think this interests anybody, even if it only appeared
> once?  How about taking responsibility for the tools you use and setting
> them up properly?  (Hint: Microsoft programs are suboptimal for composing
> articles for mailing lists.)

Microsoft programs are as effective as any others when (a) chosen
correctly and (b) configured correctly.

Other than that I agree : I'm sick to death of people posting with PGP
headers/MIME headers. I mean : who the hell thinks their opinions are
valuable enough to mark them with PGP keys on a public anonymous
newsgoup?