Re: bash and reverse-search-history

From: Baurzhan Ismagulov
Subject: Re: bash and reverse-search-history
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:43:09 +0200

Hello Peter,

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 05:13:55PM +0200, Peter Dyballa wrote:
> >I'm using bash inside emacs and want to use the reverse-search-history
> >of bash, bound to C-r. Unfortunately, C-r is interpreted by emacs and
> >doesn't apparently reach bash. How can I use this function of bash
> >from
> >within emacs?
>
> I don't know. By escaping? What is so bad about Emacs' own shell
> history?

Do you mean M-r? Two reasons:

1. It's not as convenient for me as the bash's one shows what it found
   as I type, and with emacs' one I have to modify regexp on the next
   run.

2. I couldn't find a way to search the whole bash history. When I type
   some expression that I know is in ~/.bash_history, emacs says "Not
   found".

With kind regards,
Baurzhan.