Re: customizing input method

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: customizing input method
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:50:22 +0200

Am 28.04.2006 um 17:23 schrieb Robert Pontisso:

If I'm regularly using characters from both the French
and the Italian alphabets (e.g. "c+," and "i+`") is
there an alternative to continually toggling back and
forth between the languages?

Why can't you make your keyboard produce these characters? My keyboard has dead-keys for cedilla and accents, so I can compose these characters with the keyboard directly, no Emacs action necessary.

When you have X11 running you can define two new levels of key symbols, those when you press alt or alt and shift together. The programme to change this is xmodmap, xmodmap -pk will show the recent settings.

--
Greetings

  Pete

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.