Re: RefTex: wrong type argument

From: fjcmurphy
Subject: Re: RefTex: wrong type argument
Date: 1 May 2006 02:21:26 -0700

Hey Boris,

> RefTex keeps annoying me with messages "wrong type argument:
> number-or-marker-p, nil" each time I want to insert a label. I first

I have a similar problem (maybe it is the same). For me this message
occurs
in the following case:
I have a main latex document, called "main.tex" and a chapter-file
called "chap.tex" which is called from main.tex via e.g. \include or
\input.

In each file I have
  %%% Local Variables:
  %%% mode: latex
  %%% TeX-master: "main.tex"
  %%% End:
so Emacs know which is my main file.

Now, I just run latex on each file (as I wish) and it complies
perfectly.
* If I use e.g. C-c = for the TOC when I'm in main.tex it works
perfectly.
* However, when I open chap.tex manually and then use C-c = then Emacs
tells me
  "wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil"

The same behavior appears using C-C ) for referencing something.

This works for me:
1. go to main.tex and run C-c = for the TOC
2. rescan the TOC with "r"
3. then go to the subchapter(s) chap.tex via the open TOC (which was
openend
    via main.tex)
4. now C-c = and C-c ) works also in the subchapters.

Maybe you have the same problem. This at least works for me.

Cheers,
frank