Re: Anyone have a 'move-line' function?

From: Joe Smith
Subject: Re: Anyone have a 'move-line' function?
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 16:03:30 -0400

John Conrad wrote:

I don't know if this is the sort of comment you are welcoming, but I
think your style would be improved by wrapping the col, start and end
variables in a let expression ...

That's exactly what I'm looking for, thanks!

I've used emacs for nearly 20 years (ack!) but never had time to learn elisp beyond a 'setq' or so in my .emacs. I have some time, so I'm just learning the basics.

I forgot you can declare variables in a let without setting them, and I needed the movements before I could set them. I was under the impression that any symbols created would be scoped dynamically and thus be local even though created by setq.

Much appreciated.

<Joe