Re: query-replace

From: liyer . vijay
Subject: Re: query-replace
Date: 4 May 2006 17:15:02 -0700

Pedro Sa da Costa wrote:
> 1 -
> I have this text: "and the android goes away."
> I want to replace the word "and" to "or", but i don't want to replace
> the word " [and]roid".  How should i do this in emacs? The M-%  doesn't
> work in this case.

See C-M-% query-replace-regexp

In your specific case, you need:
M-x query-replace-regexp \band\b RET or RET

> 2 - I know that this isn't latex mailing list, but i can't find any.
> Anyone knows a mailing list to latex?
comp.text.tex ?

Cheers
Vijay

> Can we quote you on that?
A long time ago, someone in the Lisp industry told me it was poor form
quote people; it suggests that they lack value.
        -- Kent M Pitman <pitman@world.std.com> in comp.lang.lisp