TRAMP doesn't work anymore

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: TRAMP doesn't work anymore
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 17:46:26 +0200

Hi,

since a CVS update about one week ago TRAMP mode doesn't work
anymore. If I try `C-x C-f /su:' I get this new buffer:

,----[ *tramp/ssh su* ]
| ssh: su: Name or service not known
|
| Process *tramp/ssh su* exited abnormally with code 255
`----

If I try opening a remote file with `C-x C-f /user@' it echoes "Open
Directory: file or directory user@ not found." and I get this new
buffer:

,----[ *tramp/ssh ssh* ]
| ssh: ssh: Name or service not known
|
| Process *tramp/ssh ssh* getötet
`----

I didn't change any TRAMP configs and a week ago it all worked fine,
both local files with su-method as well as remote files via ssh.

I assume this could be caused by the discussion starting with
<87r73n5o5x.fsf@pacem.orebokech.com> on gmane.emacs.devel. I tried
putting an (require 'tramp) into my ~/.emacs, but that didn't help.

Any ideas what could cause the troubles?

Bye,
Tassilo
--
A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five!