jde classpath problem

From: Michael Powe
Subject: jde classpath problem
Date: 10 May 2006 13:20:27 -0400

Hello,

The problem is that I can't compile servlets.  Ordinary java classes
compile fine within emacs but not servlets.  The compiler complains
that it can't find the classes when compiling within JDE.  If I go to
the commandline in a dos box, i can compile the servlet.

I've checked the doc about setting the CP and followed the directions
there.

This is on windows xp, so the paths have spaces in them, e.g.,
c:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat
5.5/common/lib/servlet-api.jar.

I tried putting quotation marks around the string and double
backslashing the spaces and plain text.  Nothing seems to work.

Any help in getting this fixed would be appreciated.

Thanks.

mp

--
Michael Powe            michael@trollope.org            Naugatuck CT USA
War is a sociological safety valve that cleverly diverts popular